Hailuoto municipality has four service sectors: administration, education and cultural services, social welfare and healthcare, and technical services. The sectors are further divided into profit units.
|Service sector||person in charge||title|
|Education and Cultural Services||Kaija Sipilä||Principal, Head of Education and Cultural Services|
|Social Welfare and Healthcare||Pia Piispanen||Head of Social Welfare and Healthcare|
|Technical Services||Markku Maikkola||Head of Technical Services|
Administration services are in charge of preparing cases for the Council and Municipal Board and implementation of decisions. Other administrative duties include centralised economy, human resources, and data and document management services in the municipality.
Areas of responsibility:
- Human resources
- Official noticeboard
- Telephone exchange
- Information technology
- Customer service
Education and Cultural Services
Education and Cultural Services are in charge of organising education and day care. The services are also in charge of library, cultural, museum, night college, youth and recreational services. The operations are supervised by the Board of Education and Culture.
Social Welfare and Healthcare Services
Social Welfare and Healthcare Services are in charge of organising social and healthcare-related services in the municipality. The operations are supervised by the Board of Social Welfare and Healthcare.
Technical Services are in charge of supervision, planning, development and construction as well as maintenance and management duties performed by a municipal body. The operations are supervised by the Technical Board
Technical Services are in charge of the following:
- Building supervision and guidance
- Management and janitorial duties of municipal buildings
- Hiring out flats and houses
- Preparation of town planning
- Traffic routes (matters relating to municipal sector)
- Marketing (housing, land)
- User services
- Waste management (matters relating to municipal sector)
- Backpacking tracks
- Developer duties in the municipality’s building projects
- Management of address register
- Management of key register
- Property register updates and management
- Monitoring construction obligations
- Harbours, ports and airport